Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tattered Floral Vintage Game Flowers




Tim Holtz is having a challenge using the Tattered Floral Sizzix Die!
 
Spring is a time for fun and games. I used parts from vintage games (salvaged from thrift stores) to  created some fun flowers. I used the flowers to decorate some Easter "baskets"!
 
      













I wanted to stick to the game theme, so instead of
using traditional baskets, I found these adorable
 Giant Gumball Machine Capsules at Party City!


      
               Here's all the supplies at my craft station!
 



  What I used: Tattered Florals Die, some embossing folders, Sizzix big shot, ink, ink blending tool, and distressing tool.
 

   Here's the games I used: I used a variety of game cards, playing cards, game pieces, and puzzle pieces.






I also used glue, foam squares, scissors,
glitter (chunky kind), embossing powder,
                  and a heat tool.


 
I cut out a variety of flowers from playing cards
game cards, and some red vellum.


             I then took some flowers and embossed them in a variety of designs to add some texture.
 
 
 
 Using a gluestick and a foam mat, I curled up
      the flower petals.




As an alternative, you can roll
     the petals around a pen.
Once the petals have been curled, I distressed them.


 
                                                    I then added some color usint Vintage Photo and Festive Berries.








I applied some of the chunky glitter to the edges of the petals using craft glue. I then blasted it with the heat gun to make it curl up for a vintage feel.
 
 
I repeat the process on a random assortment of
flowers using glitter and metallic copper embossing powder.
 





 
I stacked up a selection of flowers
and hole punched them using the
1/8" setting on my crop o' dile.
 
 
                                  I added an eyelet to hold them together. A brad would work too.

For the flower centers, I started by covering a puzzle piece in glitter.
 

I used the heat gun to give it the aged look.


 
I covered a game piece in glitter too.
 
 
 
I used my sissors to hold it still when I went at it with the heat gun to protect my fingers!


I then covered a game token with embossing powder.
 

I attached the decorated game pieces to the center
of the flowers using double-sided foam squares.


Using more foam squares, I attached the flowers to the "baskets".
Now, I just have to keep them hidden until Easter!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!