Friday, March 29, 2013

Tim Holtz March Tag

Wow! It has been a wild couple of weeks! Classes have started back with a bang. As we close in on the end of the semester there are tests flying at me left and right. Had one today, another tomorrow. Sigh.
 
In the mean time I have been de-stressing with some craftyness!
I've made my version of the March Tim Holtz Tag http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2013-march/ 
I hosted a swap on swap-bot.com for artists and crafters to create and exchange their renditions!
 
I have another swap going on for the April Tag http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/142244 which I would love people to join :)

 
This is my version of the March Tag all ready to pack up and send out to my swap partner!
 
My local craft store is always a step behind so I had to improvise on several parts of the tag.
I had no Tinsel Twine so I glued down some chunky glitter and blasted it with a heat gun. The glitter began to curl up on the edges giving it a lovely vintage feel-- I will so be using this technique again for other projects!
 
For the flowers and paints, I used die cuts from the Tattered Flower Garland Sizzix die. I then painted them using a mixture of metallic paints before attaching them to the memo pins with mini brads!
 
I also had to improvise on the crinkle ribbon. I just used some ivory polyester ribbon and colored it with a Distress Stamp Pad. I crumpled it into a ball and used the heat gun to try and give it some wrinkles. Not as good as the Crinkle Ribbon but it'll do :)
 
That's all for now but rest assured there is more coming soon... Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!